Traveling doesn’t only give you the chance to see beautiful places and meet many different types of people, you also get to learn various cultures hands on. If you love traveling to exciting destinations and want to do it for free, then here’s your chance. Cebu Pacific has announced that they are now accepting entries for their Juan for Fun 2016 Backpacker Challenge, a travel all you can contest for young people ages 17 to 22 years old. Submission of application is until May 15, 2016.
Now on its 5th year, the Juan for Fun Backpacker Challenge will consist of five teams of three college students or fresh graduates who will embark on a 7-day adventure to some of Cebu Pacific’s most fun destinations which will only be revealed at the send-off ceremony. The challenge requires them to do the most number of fun activities with the given budget. The team who will be able to achieve the challenge objectives will win the grand prize, a travel-all-you-can pass to any Cebu Pacific domestic or international short-haul destination. For the participants to fully enjoy this competition, an adventure coach will be provided to each team to guide them on their journeys. They’ll meet them on the day of the Pre-Challenge Coaching. Communication will be online.
This is a once in a lifetime adventure so be sure not to miss it. Check out the mechanics on how to join.
1. The Cebu Pacific Juan for Fun Backpacker Challenge, a contest that will bring five (5) teams of students to various Cebu Pacific destinations for an all expenses – paid fun adventure, is open to applicants:
2. Interested students must form a team of three (3) members. Members of a team need not be students of the same school.
3. Previous Juan for Fun Backpacker Challenge finalists are not eligible to apply to give opportunities to new applicants.
4. To apply:
5. Application period is until May 15, 2016, 11:59 pm.
6. Video entries must not contain any explicit act of violence, sexual inappropriateness or any criminal act as mandated by Philippine Law. They should also not contain anything obscene, offensive, libelous or defamatory.
7. Cebu Pacific Air reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of the entries and applicants (including a participant’s identity, age, civil status, and place of residence) and to disqualify any entry that is not in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
8. Additional documents including birth certificates, original IDs, original copies of medical clearance, and waiver forms will be required of the shortlisted teams. Interviews may also be conducted via phone or video calls. Failure to comply with requirements on the specified deadline may merit disqualification.
9. All applications (including any video footage submitted by the applicants) become the sole property of Cebu Pacific Air. The Organizers shall have the right to use such video footage in any and all media, nationwide in perpetuity with no obligation or compensation to the applicants.
10. Applicants agree to allow Cebu Pacific Air to collect personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, sponsors, service providers, and prize suppliers.
11. All applicants must be in good physical condition and mental health and must be aware that, and sign releases attesting that, the activities in the challenge may involve risks and hazards, and that participating in the challenge may expose them to these risks. Teams must accept and assume all risks, which arise in any way from their participation in this challenge, and will not hold Cebu Pacific, its Organizers, and Sponsors responsible.
12. By submitting an application, each applicant agrees to release, discharge, and hold harmless Cebu Pacific Air, its Organizers, and Sponsors from all claims and damages arising out of his/her participation in the application process or the Challenge itself, and to have his or her name, voice and likeness used at the discretion of Cebu Pacific and its Organizers as part of promotions for the Challenge, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised.
13. Relatives of employees (up to 2nd Degree of Consanguinity) of Cebu Pacific Air, the Organizers, title sponsors, and other partners are not eligible to be participants of the Challenge.
1. Top Five (5) teams will be chosen based on completeness of requirements and their video. Criteria for judging the audition video:
2. The final Top Five (5) will be announced on June 06, 2016.
3. All announcements will be made online at www.facebook.com/CebuPacificAir or www.facebook.com/CebuPacificJFF. Teams will also be notified through phone call and email.
4. Top Five (5) teams will converge on June 21, 2016 for the Pre-Challenge Briefing, during which the teams will be thoroughly briefed about the Challenge proper, right conduct, safety, and other important matters. Complete attendance of each team is a must. Inability to attend this briefing will cause disqualification of the team.
5. Pre-Challenge Coaching and Send-Off Ceremonies happen on June 22, 2016. During which:
6. The Pre-Challenge and Send-Off venue will be disclosed to the Top Five (5) upon qualification.
1. Each team will be assigned an Adventure Coach:
2. Each team will be assigned a Team Marshal:
1. The Challenge proper is from June 23 to June 29, 2016. The Challenge will take the teams to various Cebu Pacific destinations.
2. The Challenge to the teams is to have the most number of fun activities within the duration of the trip with the given travel allowance. Examples of activities: visiting museums, theme parks, churches, and other tourists spots, trying the local delicacies and other fun activities the destination offers.
3. The teams are free to choose the activities so long as they are within these safety limits prescribed by Cebu Pacific and its Organizers, as follows:
4. Each team must maximize and use up all of their travel allowance.
5. Each team’s activities are monitored via log sheets. They are required to accomplish these and turn in to their Team Marshal receipts or proofs of purchase. Failure to submit log sheets on the specified deadlines may merit forfeiture of the activities.
6. There are also the Special Fun Challenges. These are small contests and tasks that highlight the destination. Scores from the Special Fun Challenge will be factored into the total scores to determine the final winners. Scoring per Special Fun Challenge is as follows:
7. Teams are not allowed to make arrangements with family and friends for travel tips, free accommodations, food, transportation, or additional travel allowance.
8. More detailed rules and regulations during Challenge proper will be discussed at the Pre-Challenge Briefing.
1. Part of the Challenge is to document the fun adventure through photos and videos uploaded on the team members’ personal social media accounts with the hashtag #JuanforFun2016 to earn social media points that comprise part of the total points.
2. Photos and/or videos of activities must be posted within the duration of the Juan For Fun Backpacker Challenge before actual judging. Posts after the judging will not be counted.
3. More detailed information and guidelines on documentation will be discussed at the Pre-Challenge Briefing.
1. Criteria for judging:
2. Judging will be based on log sheets, photos, and videos validated by Team Marshals and other necessary reports. False reporting and insufficient proof of activities/purchase will disqualify the team. A panel of judges will deliberate on the reports and decide on the winning team.
3. The decision of the judges and Cebu Pacific Air is final.
4. Awarding happens on June 29, 2016. The prizes for the Juan for Fun Ultimate Backpackers are: Three (3) One-Year Travel-All-You-Can Passes to any domestic or international destination (limited to short-haul destinations) on the Cebu Pacific network.
5. The Travel-All-You-Can Pass entitles each member of the winning team to book as many free flights to domestic and international short- haul destinations as they want within one (1) year.
6. To claim and book flights:
7. The Travel-All-You-Can Pass is not transferable nor convertible to cash. Travel is subject to embargo periods, taxes and other fees, and other Cebu Pacific Air terms and conditions.
8. By participating in this Challenge, the participant agrees to be subject to these Terms and Conditions. In case of conflict in relation to the contest, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.